22. These shawls are called Pi Sha in Chinese and are associated with Wudang
Mountain martial arts.
23. In the left image the Pi Sha is the gauzy navy garment with the royal blue
satin trim worn over cyan formal silks. We ordered several color combinations
from China with the general idea that sensors and their wires could be hidden in
the satin trim.
24. We wanted a smart garment that would be easy to put on and take off, would
look attractive and Taoist, would not trap much heat, and could be used to embed
multiple location (xyz) sensors.
25. We are not sure of the number or locations of the sensors, and it may be
necessary to have sensors on the shoes, hands and head.
26. We plan to add a lower hem, add hems inside the cuffs, and lose the
chest-level tie. And shorten the pants.