Weapons - Flail
Other names: two-section staff; Sweeper or Broom (稍子 or 掃子). Pyeongon in Korean. Rentsuru in Japanese.
taught: Shaolin (Grandmaster
Wing Lam). I have seen two Chen Family Tai Chi Chuan stylists
work with a flail but have not (as of April 2021) located a
canonical form or found anyone who even says that there is such
Recommendations: learn nunchaku and staff first. Cost: varies from $40 to $60 or more.
Links to very short video movies
1. Zhang YanFei - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAzX1YKOwSc
2. unknown performer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNd8gfBvBqU
3. same performer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ6qN0UHzZE
4. Xing Yi Liu He style two section staff (both pieces equal length) - unknown performer
5. Part of a collection of short videos of me doing the same strikes with different staffs
https://youtu.be/OTQ8GC_2vQw. © 2013 Peter F. Zoll. All rights reserved.
|To return to the home page click here||To return to the main weapons page click here|